Monday, May 10, 2010

Failed

I took on a commitment last December that I was absolutely sure to see through. I made a promise to a friend and began blogging. Easy, right? I love to write, and I love to talk about my life. Thanks to my high school typing class, I can esaily type 60 words a minute. What's the problem?

Alas, I have failed. Big time. What started out strong in January stuck through into February, weakened in March and all-out died in April. That leaves us here in May. The priest has been called in. My blog is on life support.

For those of you following, my apologies. I am disappointed in myself. And yet, when I think about it, it's the story of my life. So many balls juggling in the air that it seems impossible for one not to drop. House cleaning, laundry, gift buying, exercising, teeth brushing, spouse bonding, mommy playing--they can't all possibly get done in a day. As I write this I am in great shape, running numerous times a week. My kids went to bed freshly bathed and each getting personal reading time with me. There are new patio chair cushions that I purchased today on the WOW deal at Target. My boss seems to think I'm doing a decent job. Both my mother and mother-in-law felt loved and appreciated over the weekend. My youngest son had not one, but two, homemade cakes with an Elmo decoration I did myself. But my toenail polish is chipped horribly, my teeth haven't been flossed in ages, and I ate another piece of leftover cake today even though I swore yesterday was my last day falling off the dieting wagon.

Sigh. It is what it is. I am who I am. Human. Please love me. And please continue to check this blog every so often. I am vowing to move blogging up on my priority of things to do. Maybe my kids will have to be bathed less often. Maybe I'll spot clean my house on an as-needed basis. Maybe my husband will be in charge of purchasing something for his father on father's day.

Somehow, it will all get done. Or maybe not. And that's okay.

2 comments:

  1. Still here. Still following. Still believing in the power of the words to not only shape our past, but even our present and future as well!

    Perhaps we can all get our grubby kids together this summer and think of that the inspiration that stinky mess could conjure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimmer,
    It's perfect and you're no failure. Keep us posted, however often you're able to. I love your insights and your perspective...and your writing. Keep it up.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete